0

80/20 Rule for Weight Loss

80/20 Rule for Weight Loss

So you have taken the decision to lose weight, perhaps for health reasons or perhaps just to fit into your new dress ready for those upcoming Christmas and New Year parties.

Whatever the reason you are no doubt stuck on how best to achieve your goal.

Well, let me tell you that one of the simplest methods could be the 80/20 Rule.

It is not a diet as such, but it is a key weight loss rule that really works.

What is the 80/20 Rule?

The 80/20 Rule basically allows you the freedom to treat yourself occasionally, which some diets do not allow.

This makes it easier to follow and you are more likely to stick to it as you will not become disheartened by the restrictions imposed by strict diets.

To lose weight with the 80/20 Rule you should aim to eat healthily 80% of the time. The remaining 20% till allow you to indulge in the treats that you love.

How do you know if you are eating 80/20?

The following could help you to work out if you are eating 80/20 or not:

  • If you eat 3 main meals daily, then 3 meals a week can be a ‘cheat’ or ‘treat’ meal
  • If you eat 5 smaller meals daily, then 7 weekly meals can be treats

Celebrity users of the 80/20 Rule

Sin City star Jessica Alba is said to be a fan of the 80/20 Rule, with her trainer Yumi Lee crediting it to helping her maintain her weight:

“You can’t be 100 percent all of the time, but you can be 80 percent all of the time.”

Supermodel Miranda Kerr is also a fan and states:

“Food is my friend, and consistency is the key. I believe that everything in moderation is best.”

Perhaps it is time you forgot about diets that restrict you from eating your favourite foods, and try this instead.

Speak Your Mind

You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

I J Jenkins owner of yourweightlossaid.com earn commissions as an affiliate marketer for recommending products on this website; we hope this disclosure will demonstrate our intent to run an honest and reputable business.

 

For more information, please visit the consumer education portal.

Affiliate Disclosure