Visceral fat, which is the fat that lies beneath muscle tissue is particularly bad for us and can be hard to get rid of.
However, Dr Mehmet Oz of the Dr Oz Show has revealed that drinking Green Tea Lemonade before a 20 minute nap could be the key to losing this hard to remove fat.
What is Green Tea Lemonade?
Green Tea Lemonade is simply Green Tea with added Lemon, there are no magic ingredients although the health benefits may suggest otherwise.
Benefits of Green Tea Lemonade
There are various health benefits to drinking Green Tea Lemonade, first we will look at the benefits that Green Tea provides:
- Green Tea contains EGCG that can prevent the growth of certain cancer cells.
- Reduces the risk of suffering a heart attack, stroke or heart disease.
- Helps lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Can prevent food poisoning and tooth decay.
- Can fight rheumatism.
- Fights infections.
- Can speed up your metabolic rate, therefore helping to burn extra calories and fat.
- Can aid digestion and can cleanse your body.
And now the benefits of Lemon:
- Lemon is also rich in antioxidants.
- Lemon juice contains ascorbic acid that has cleansing properties.
- Can slow down the symptoms of arthritis.
- Can help strengthen the immune system.
- It is a natural stimulant that can increase energy levels.
Adding the Lemon to the Green Tea allows the catechins found in the Green Tea to be absorbed up to 3 times faster than usual, meaning it becomes more beneficial to drink.
Where to buy Green Tea Lemonade?
Starbucks sell Green Tea Lemonade but you can make your own quite easily.
All you have to buy is some Green Tea and a lemon.
How to make Green Tea Lemonade?
To make Green Tea Lemonade all you have to do is mix the juice of half a lemon with 2 cups of Green Tea and enjoy either hot or cold.
It is recommended that you then take a 20 minute nap to give the antioxidants time to reach your blood stream where they will start to work their magic.