We have all heard how breakfast is the most important meal of the day, well this is never more true than when you are attempting to lose weight.
Many people wrongly believe that skipping meals is a great way to lose weight, when in reality this will not help in the long run.
Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a form of ‘starvation’ mode where your metabolism will slow in a desperate attempt to hold onto any fat reserves.
To keep your metabolism as high as possible you need to eat, it is as simple as that.
Here are some more reasons why you should never skip breakfast:
• Avoid those mid morning snacks – Eating a healthy breakfast will set you up for the rest of the day and will ensure you do not need to stop for a snack mid morning, which is usually an unhealthy choice full of unneeded sugars.
• Help make healthier food choices – When you start the day with a nutritious meal then you have more chance of choosing other healthy foods throughout the day too.
• Give you an energy boost – There is nothing worse than trying to finish your everyday tasks when you are tired and lethargic. A healthy breakfast will give you the energy you need.
• Helps with your ability to think – To ensure your brain is working as best as it can it needs to be reenergised every morning. Studies have shown that those who ate breakfast performed better at numerous memory tests.
• Increase your leptin production – Leptin is a hormone that can help to suppress your appetite. It is vital when attempting to lose weight that you are able to keep your metabolism high and your appetite low. A healthy breakfast will help your body to produce leptin that will ensure you not only consume fewer calories but more too.
So there are a few reasons why you should always aim to eat a healthy breakfast each and every morning.
Food rich in protein are a good option, and unfortunately a full fried breakfast should be avoided.