If your aim is to lose weight then you need to eat healthily and get regular exercise, it really is as simple as that.
However, if you are not enjoying your workouts then you are unlikely to do it or stick with it.
Are you in an exercise rut?
To tell if you are in an exercise rut you will find that your workouts are too easy and no longer challenges you.
If you are doing the same exercise every workout then you will likely get bored with the same routine.
Also if you are not seeing results this can also leave you feeling disappointed and not wanting to exercise.
How to get out of an exercise rut?
Here are some tips to help get you out of your exercise rut:
- Add weight training to your cardio workouts.
- Vary your intensity. For instance if you normally would run a 10-minute mile, try to push yourself to run a 9-minute mile. To see results you have to push yourself.
- Interval training. Rather than doing steady-state cardio, try doing intervals where you alternate slower with faster bouts of cardio.
- Try a different exercise. By keeping your muscle guessing you will see better results.
- If you are not doing any exercise, or are bored at the gym try to find an activity that you love.
- Get a friend or family member to workout with you. You will be able to encourage and push each other further to achieve your goals.
Why you need to establish an exercise routine?
By establishing an exercise routine you are making the commitment to workout regularly and to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Doing this will help with your weight loss goals as regular exercise as you well know is one of the key components needed for success.
How to establish an exercise routine?
Here are some tips you can use to make sure you stick to your exercise routine:
- Make exercise part of your day. Instead of asking yourself whether you are going to exercise, just do it.
- Do the exercise or activity you love, but keep things fresh by adding intervals or by increasing the intensity.
- Vary your workouts. Don’t allow yourself to get bored by the same routines.
- Do both cardio and strength training. Both have their own benefits.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Play some music. It can help motivate you.
Hopefully these tips will ensure you break out of your exercise rut and start reaping the rewards of your hard work.