If you are looking for a healthy breakfast treat that the whole family can enjoy you can’t go far wrong than ham and egg muffins. They are even a great option for a lunchbox too.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 142g small chestnut mushrooms
- 57g smoked lean ham
- 2 spring onions
- Fry Light
- 4 large eggs
- 28ml skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 5. Cut your mushrooms into quarters, dice your ham and finely chop your spring onions.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, spray with Fry Light and cook the mushrooms until golden (approximately 10 minutes).
- Mix the fried mushrooms, ham and onions together.
- Whisk the eggs and skimmed milk together and season to taste.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases before spooning the mushroom mixture evenly between the cases.
- Pour in the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-25 minutes, or until it rises slightly and becomes golden.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from their cases.
- Serve with baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms.