0

6 Habits to Keep the Lost Weight Off

6 Habits to Keep the Lost Weight Off

Have you recently lost weight? Well, firstly well done on achieving your goal. Now starts the hard part, managing to keep the weight off long term.

So how can you achieve this goal? Here are some habits that can help you keep the lost weight off for good.

#1: You should plan ahead

Failing to plan is planning to fail” is a saying that you may have heard before, and it is true for most things including weight loss.

While you should be applauded for reaching your weight loss goal, now is not the time to slack off as doing so will only result in the lost weight returning with a vengeance.

We all lead busy lives and sometimes we may not have time to eat as healthily as possible, or to go to the gym. However, if we know about an upcoming party or event that could potentially disrupt our efforts then we could take steps to minimise any potential damage.

For example, if you know that you are going to be busy in work on a particular week then you could pre-prepare healthy meals for when you come home.

That way you can simply reheat them instead of being forced to buy from the local takeaway.

#2: You should make the right choice ‘most’ of the time

Once you have reached your weight loss goal it can be easy to take your diet for granted and to start overindulging in your favourite treats.

Unfortunately this will lead to weight gain.

No one is saying that you cannot enjoy these treats, but you must think of your weight loss as a lifestyle change, therefore you will need to use a little moderation with them.

I would suggest aiming to eat healthily for around 80% of the time, the remaining 20% can be used for the occasional treat.

#3: You must diet AND exercise

No doubt when you were attempting to reach your weight loss goal you stuck to your diet and tried to exercise as often as you could. Now that you have reached your goal is not the time to stop going to the gym though.

Keep the Weight OffTo maintain your current weight you need to continue eating healthily and getting exercise.

#4: Sleep more

A lack of sleep can cause weight gain to occur, so if you have noticed that your weight has started to creep up perhaps this is the reason.

You should aim to get a minimum of 7 hours sleep every night, otherwise you will find that the hormones that control your appetite could be affected, resulting in more food cravings.

Not getting enough sleep can also cause your body to over-produce cortisol, which is a stress hormone that can promote fat storage.

#5: Relieve stress

Another reason why you may be gaining weight could be that you are suffering with stress, which again can cause your body to produce excess amounts of cortisol.

If you are currently feeling a little stressed then take steps to alleviate it. Perhaps try a little meditation, deep-breathing exercises or even yoga.

#6: Monitor your progress

If you had kept a food diary while you were losing weight, perhaps it would make sense to continue using it while you attempt to maintain your weight.

This food diary will be a record of everything you consume, whether it is food or drink and their calories.

You should also keep a record of your weight, as a failure to do so could result in you gaining weight without realising.

You most certainly do not want to be a stone or more heavier without even noticing do you?

Keeping the lost weight off long term is certainly achievable, and hopefully the above habits will ensure you are able to do just that. Good luck for the future.

Speak Your Mind

You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

I J Jenkins owner of yourweightlossaid.com earn commissions as an affiliate marketer for recommending products on this website; we hope this disclosure will demonstrate our intent to run an honest and reputable business.

 

For more information, please visit the consumer education portal.

Affiliate Disclosure