0

3 Tips to Help Stop Emotional Eating from Ruining your Diet

3 Tips to Help Stop Emotional Eating from Ruining your Diet

If you suffer from emotional eating, then you may find that trying to lose weight will be difficult, as your emotions will have a big part to play.

Unfortunately those who suffer from emotional eating tend to turn to food to make them feel better, usually when they are feeling sad, or in pain for example.

Those who suffer from this problem may find it hard to break the cycle, as giving in to the cravings will leave you feeling guilty, which causes even more cravings.

Luckily for you, there are a few tips you can use to stop emotional eating from ruining your diet.

Please read on to discover what these tips are.

#1: Use non food strategies

This means that the next time you feel your emotions getting the better of you that instead of reaching for food you choose an activity to do.

This can be anything you enjoy doing, but typical solutions include:

  • Chatting to a friend
  • Taking a bath
  • Singing to yourself
  • Going for a walk
  • Playing with your children
  • Cuddling your pets
  • Meditating
  • Dancing
  • Reading

The purpose is to take your mind off your emotions by doing something you enjoy.

#2: Think about what is causing these emotions

The next time you are feeling emotional and likely to start emotional eating, think about what is causing these emotions.

Perhaps write down why you are feeling the way you are, and then you can start looking for way to stop feeling like this.

Again, you could talk to a friend or loved one about the causes of these emotions.

#3: Use visualisation as a coping mechanism

This means that you should try visualising what has caused you to feel emotional, and to think about a different conclusion.

Doing this will help put you in control of your emotions and will help change your future behaviour.

This is a technique that many to athletes use to stay one step ahead of their rivals.

In conclusion

Emotional eating can spell bad news for your diet and weight loss efforts but if you can learn to control them then you can stop them causing too much harm.

Just remember that the occasional indulgence wont cause too much harm. It is pointless getting upset or emotional as this will only cause more feelings of guilt.

As long as you are eating healthily 80% of the time then the remaining 20% wont hurt.

Read our PhenQ Review

Save

Save

Speak Your Mind

You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

I J Jenkins owner of yourweightlossaid.com earn commissions as an affiliate marketer for recommending products on this website; we hope this disclosure will demonstrate our intent to run an honest and reputable business.

 

For more information, please visit the consumer education portal.

Affiliate Disclosure