If you have decided to lose weight and get fit after an indulgent Christmas and New Year then there are certain types of food that can help you reach your goal much quicker.
There are certain foods known as superfoods that are nutrient-rich so are perfect for consumption while dieting.
Here are some superfoods for 2015 that you should be eating:
This spice can be used in tea, smoothies, desserts and various savoury dishes.
It offers the following weight loss benefits:
- Can help to regulate your blood sugar levels so is beneficial to diabetics
- Can metabolise fats
- Helps with digestion
#2: Coconut oil
Coconut oil can be classed as a superfood due to its fatty acids and other nutrients that offer various health and weight loss benefits, including:
- Its ability to prevent high cholesterol and blood pressure
- Metabolism boosting
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
#3: Cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper is a spice that has been shown to aid slimming. It can do this by:
- Increasing your internal body temperature through a process called thermogenesis
- This process causes an increase in your metabolism
Whatever part of the Moringa you consume you will experience its benefits, which makes it an essential superfood you should consider adding to your diet.
It can help:
- Digest and convert food into energy
- Increase your metabolic rate
Kale has become incredibly popular over the past few years in the weight loss community and is now a well-known superfood that can:
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower the risk of heart disease
It is also low in calories but high in fibre, so is great for filling you up without raising your daily calorie intake.
This spice is often used in curries and is also used in medicine to ease inflammation.
It can also help:
- Fight free radicals that cause weight gain and other issues
- Protect your liver against toxins
- Can reduce bloating
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Ease water retention
#7: Aloe vera
Aloe vera has been well-known for a while for its benefits but it is included in this list as it is still one of the best superfoods around.
There is a reason why it is known as the “Plant of Life”, but what can it do for you?
Using aloe vera can:
- Reduce water retention
- Remove toxins from your bloodstream
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Help with digestion
- Maintain cholesterol levels
- Improve liver function
While these superfoods can aid your New Year weight loss resolutions they will not work if you are not willing to change your own lifestyle habits for the better.
This means that you need to start eating healthier and getting regular exercise if you want to reach your weight loss goals.